OECHSLER was founded in 1864, headquartered in Ansbach, Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany. More than 150 years ago, OECHSLER started out as a regional craft business. Nowadays, OECHSLER is known as global player in plastics industry. Together with 3.100 employees at eight worldwide location sites, we drive innovation forward and open new future markets. We are innovative partner and driving force for our customers from the automobile-, medical- and footwear industry as well as other industrial sectors. OECHSLER Motion in Atlanta was founded in 2016 and is specialized in the manufacturing of custom-made and high-quality sports equipment. Make your career with us!
At the location OECHSLER Motion Acworth (USA) we are looking for a:
Second Shift Machine Operator
The employee shall be responsible for providing support to production by assisting with operating, troubleshooting, testing, repairing, modifying and maintaining all equipment and tools related to production. The employee will also be responsible for performing highly repetitive machine operations that prepare shoes for production processes and finishing as well as work to develop and test new processes. All activities should emphasize on OECHSLER’s initiatives for safety, quality and productivity. Additional responsibilities include:
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Operate machines and processes in a manner consistent with standard procedures.
- Ensure equipment and machines meet all operational requirements.
- Achieve production targets in the areas assigned.
- Assist with production of new product samples and new material testing using various machines.
- Conduct inspection of in-process and finished products with great attention to detail.
- Report accurate data to track products and to monitor production performance.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies required for assigned areas.
- Complete other duties as assigned by management.
- High School diploma/GED equivalent.
- Basic to mid-level computer skills including MS Windows and Office.
- Experience with automated manufacturing preferred.
- Experience with Robotics, CNC and Automation Equipment a plus.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good judgement skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Assertiveness to correct improper or unsafe behaviors.
- Demonstrated ability to work hands on with mechanical and electrical equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee will be working near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.