OECHSLER was founded in 1864, headquartered in Ansbach, Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany. More than 150 years ago, OECHSLER started out as a regional craft business. Nowadays, OECHSLER is known as global player in plastics industry. Together with 3.100 employees at eight worldwide location sites, we drive innovation forward and open new future markets. We are innovative partner and driving force for our customers from the automobile-, medical- and footwear industry as well as other industrial sectors. OECHSLER Motion in Atlanta was founded in 2016 and is specialized in the manufacturing of custom-made and high-quality sports equipment. Make your career with us!
At the location OECHSLER Motion Acworth (USA) we are looking for a:
The Production Manager will be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating production activities through subordinate supervisory personnel. He/she will be required to apply knowledge of engineering processes, and procedures. Additional responsibilities include:
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Foster a team environment by promoting open channels of communication, building commitment to a common vision and maintaining positive communication with employees.
- Develop and maintain supporting documentation for production, including but not limited to: training assessments, SOPs, capacity plans, assignment logs, cycle times, and down time logs.
- Identify, diagnose and resolve production issues and ensure efficient production output, product quality and on-time shipping.
- Analyze, track and improve production flow, employee and process performance.
- Supervise production personnel and work closely with the engineering, quality and planning teams to establish and achieve KPIs and production goals.
- Coordinate planning and communication of hourly/daily/weekly production tasks.
- Schedule adequate staff to produce required daily workload.
- Monitor and promptly communicate changes in procedures, machine efficiency, production delays, process improvements, or any issues that impact plans.
- Operate equipment and perform duties related to the success of production as needed.
- Perform other tasks requested by management.
- Help to recruit and onboard new employees with company.
- 4-year degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field is preferred
- 5+ years related experience in manufacturing processes, machinery processing, budgets management and employee management.
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing and Six Sigma principles
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to lead and train associates effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in strategic planning, team building and performance management
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee will be working near moving mechanical parts and be on the floor for long periods of time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.