OECHSLER was founded in 1864, headquartered in Ansbach, Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany. More than 150 years ago, OECHSLER started out as a regional craft business. Nowadays, OECHSLER is known as global player in plastics industry. Together with 3.100 employees at eight worldwide location sites, we drive innovation forward and open new future markets. We are innovative partner and driving force for our customers from the automobile-, medical- and footwear industry as well as other industrial sectors. OECHSLER Motion in Atlanta was founded in 2016 and is specialized in the manufacturing of custom-made and high-quality sports equipment. Make your career with us!
At the location OECHSLER Motion Acworth (USA) we are looking for a:
Process Technician I
The employee shall be responsible for providingsupport to production by assisting with programing, troubleshooting, testing,repairing, modifying and maintaining all equipment and tools related toproduction. The employee will also work to develop and test new processes. All activities should emphasize on company'sinitiatives for safety, quality and productivity. Additional responsibilities include:
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Provide support, process oversight, and process development for production.
- Set up robots, end-of-arm tooling, conveyors, and secondary equipment.
- Ensure equipment and machines meet all mechanical designs and customer requirements.
- Assist with production of new product samples and new material testing.
- Perform routine diagnostic checks, troubleshoot, and repair assembly equipment and other machinery.
- Creating and tracking process metrics related to process improvements.
- Perform basic robotic programming and debugging of control software, including PLC’s, vision inspection systems and wide range of industrial robots.
- Complete other duties as assigned by management.
- 2 year technical degree or 2+ progressive manufacturing or electrical related experience.
- Prior experience with Robotics and Automation Equipment.
- Willingness and ability to travel to Germany for training.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and experience in machining and fabrication is a plus.
- Hands on knowledge of industrial mechanical and/or control systems and PLC’s with an emphasis on troubleshooting and robotics.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with customers as well as suppliers.
- Assertiveness to correct improper or unsafe behaviors.
- Demonstrated ability to work hands on with mechanical and electrical equipment.
The work environmentcharacteristicsdescribed here are representative of those an employeeencounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employeewill be working near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the workenvironment is usually moderate.
Whileperforming the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk,stand and reach with hands and arms for extended periods of time. The employeeis occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee mustfrequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or moveup to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include closevision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.