OECHSLER was founded in 1864, headquartered in Ansbach, Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany. More than 150 years ago, OECHSLER started out as a regional craft business. Nowadays, OECHSLER is known as global player in plastics industry. Together with 3.100 employees at eight worldwide location sites, we drive innovation forward and open new future markets. We are innovative partner and driving force for our customers from the automobile-, medical- and footwear industry as well as other industrial sectors. OECHSLER Motion in Atlanta was founded in 2016 and is specialized in the manufacturing of custom-made and high-quality sports equipment. Make your career with us!
At the location OECHSLER Motion Acworth (USA) we are looking for a:
The Engineer Manager will be responsible for directing and coordinating, through subordinate supervisory personnel, all engineering and manufacturing plant activities. He/she will be required to apply knowledge of advanced engineering methodology, processes, procedures, and software. Additional responsibilities include:
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise engineering personnel and work closely with production, quality and the planning department to achieve KPI goals, and business goals
- Ability to work within teams as well as independently
- Conducts project launch meetings, participates in design (DFM) review meeting
- Prepares and manages engineering budgets, revenue development and cost reduction programs for the company
- Communicates effectively and professionally with customer on a regular basis, manages intercompany projects as necessary, and participates in regular management and team meetings.
- Supports and actively participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Complete other duties as assigned by management.
- 4-year degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 5 years of experience in automation design
- Experience with PLC programming, CAD, CAM, CAE & Computer Vision Software
- Experienced customer liaison and engineering project / product and tooling support
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing and Six Sigma principles
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to lead and train associates effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in strategic planning, team building and performance management
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee will be working near moving mechanical parts and be on the floor for long periods of time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.