OECHSLER was founded in 1864, headquartered in Ansbach, Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany. More than 150 years ago, OECHSLER started out as a regional craft business. Nowadays, OECHSLER is known as global player in plastics industry. Together with 3.100 employees at eight worldwide location sites, we drive innovation forward and open new future markets. We are innovative partner and driving force for our customers from the automobile-, medical- and footwear industry as well as other industrial sectors. OECHSLER Motion in Atlanta was founded in 2016 and is specialized in the manufacturing of custom-made and high-quality sports equipment. Make your career with us!
At the location OECHSLER Motion Acworth (USA) we are looking for a:
Second Shift Stitcher/Sewing Machine Operator
The employee shall be responsible for meeting company quality and production standards operating industrial sewing machines to join, reinforce and assemble sporting goods and textile related products.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that all materials and auxiliary supplies are available prior to beginning work.
- Perform sewing functions in a precise and timely manner.
- Select all of the equipment needed for the sewing process.
- Thread machine, change needles and adjust machine functions to meet the requirements of each product.
- Monitor machine operation to detect any faults or defects in stitching.
- Notify supervisors of any problems or discrepancies during the sewing process.
- Examine finished products for compliance and ensure that appropriate items are correctly sewed on them.
- Ensure that excess material or threads are cut away from the finished product.
- Assist maintenance personnel in checking or troubleshooting equipment as required.
- Track the number of products stitched during a shift and record this information in company log.
- Complete other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Prior experience operating a sewing machine.
- Ability to use and understand basic measurements.
- Experience in manufacturing, warehouse or textile environment is a plus.
The employee will be working near moving mechanical parts and is required to maintain a clean and organized work area. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.