OECHSLER was founded in 1864, headquartered in Ansbach, Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany. More than 150 years ago, OECHSLER started out as a regional craft business. Nowadays, OECHSLER is known as global player in plastics industry. Together with 3.100 employees at eight worldwide location sites, we drive innovation forward and open new future markets. We are innovative partner and driving force for our customers from the automobile-, medical- and footwear industry as well as other industrial sectors. OECHSLER Motion in Atlanta was founded in 2016 and is specialized in the manufacturing of custom-made and high-quality sports equipment. Make your career with us!
At the location OECHSLER Motion Acworth (USA) we are looking for a:
Summary: This position will support production in the new adidas Speedfactory Acworth GA. This state of the art facility is being built and run by Oechsler Motion. The Process Improvement Engineer role will provide support, process oversight, and process optimization for production in the Speedfactory. The Process Engineer will work with engineering and production teams to support the startup of production lines, improve existing manufacturing processes and the develop new ones.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become a subject matter expert on key technologies, processes and materials.
- Support production by identifying and eliminating process limitations and bottlenecks.
- Assist in production of new product samples and new material testing.
- Layout new equipment and reorganize existing equipment to facilitate process improvements.
- Create and track process metrics related to process improvements.
- Minimum of a 2 year technical degree in mechatronics, electronics, mechanics or a related field of study. A 4 year degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial engineering is preferred.
- Other backgrounds may be considered if you have 5 or more years of demonstrated experience working in a highly automated manufacturing environment such as automotive, electronics, or medical device manufacturing.
- Candidates with ideal educational backgrounds / engineering degrees should have a minimum of CO-OP or other professional experience working in a technical or process role. Other candidates should have a 2-5 years of experience working in a technical lean manufacturing environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel 10% - 15% of the time both domestically and abroad in addition to an initial training period of several weeks which may be completed at headquarters in Germany.
- Good written and verbal communication skills – Ability to interface with colleagues ranging from plant floor employees to engineering, management and foreign support staff.
- Technical project management experience.
- Good analytical abilities.
- Flexibility and outstanding attitude in the face of fast changing projects and priorities.
- Ability to demonstrate best practices to shop floor employees.
- Assertiveness to correct improper or unsafe behaviors.
The employee is required to maintain a clean and organized work area. The employee may be working near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job requires extensive standing and walking in a plant environment. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee may be required to lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Extended office work may also be required at times depending on project assignments.