Julia B., 18 years old (apprenticeship as industrial clerk)
"I found my dream job here at OECHSLER based on my apprenticeship as an industrial clerk. I become familiar with each field of business in the many different commercial departments such as accounting, purchasing, human resources office, order handling, etc. The direct contact with customers is also important. I am constantly challenged due to the many independent work activities and it never becomes boring.
But this is not all. I also get insights into production, logistics and quality management to be able to understand the practical side of the internal processes of the commercial departments. The apprenticeship is exactly right for me, because it requires responsibility, it is diversified and it is exciting."
Industrial clerk (commercial apprenticeship)
Secondary school level I certificate, university-entrance diploma/vocational diploma
The systematic apprenticeship takes place within our own company and covers the individual company areas/departments. This is where the apprentices learn from the employees the expert know-how, skills and competences that are required in a successful and good employee.
The vocational school education takes place in Ansbach once or twice weekly.
Duration of apprenticeship:
The apprenticeship lasts 2 1/2 years.
In accordance with the valid collective labor agreement of the plastic material industry in Bavaria.
Where do industrial clerks work?
- Order handling
- Human resource office
What type of activities are you mainly performing?
- Executing work generated in materials handling
- Obtaining quotations and executing ordering processes
- Acceptance and processing of orders including invoicing
- Executing work generated in human resource administration and payroll accounting
- Goods receiving and product storage
How will industrial clerks be trained?
- The systematic apprenticeship covers the individual company areas and departments
- The skills and the know-how obtained in the company will be supplemented and broadened by the vocational school (dual educational system)
How is the professional development after the apprenticeship? Which further education paths exist?
- MBA for marketing/export, external trade, human resource management or business financing
- Computer science MBA
- Industrial engineer
Which qualification opportunities are available?
Participation in courses or seminars for:
- Team management
- Personnel and business management welfare
- Cost accounting
- IT organization
- Data privacy, security
What type of software is used by industrial clerks?
Did you complete your school education with a degree? Are you open, independent and team oriented?
In this case, please send us your application!
Frau Henson-Lukas / Frau V. Schmidt